To share a feed post to your story, just tap the paper airplane button below the post, just as you would to send it via Direct. At the top, you’ll now see the option to create a story. Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
Account Type. The ‘Add post to story’ button is only available for public accounts. If you are trying to share a post from a private account, you will not see the button in the sharing menu under the post. Check posts from other accounts, preferably from a celebrity, and see if you can view the resharing option.
Can you repost a post on your story?
To repost someone’s photo or video as your Instagram story, follow these steps. Open Instagram and select the photo or video that you want to repost. Hit the Share icon right below the post > tap Add Post to Your Story > tap Your story.
To share someone’s post to your story, follow these 5 steps:
- Step 1: When you tag a user in your story @mention, sharing is initiated.
- Step 2: A pop-up will appear saying, ‘mentioned users may repost this story for 24 hours. ‘
- Step 4: Before posting the final content, you can either crop it or add any filters you want.
Why doesn’t my Instagram have ADD post to story?
A common reason why the Add Post to Your Story feature is missing is that your Instagram is outdated. … Apps that are outdated will have an update button, you can also search for the Instagram app. Once you found Instagram, tap on Update to update Instagram to the latest version.
Here’s how to manually repost photos in 4 easy steps:
- Screenshot a photo. Find the photo you’d like to repost with your audience and take a screenshot of it.
- Select the camera button on Instagram and upload your screenshot. …
- Resize the image. …
- Add a caption.
Step 1: Tap “Share” on the post you’d like to share. From here, you have multiple options: Option 1: If you want to quickly share the post to your own timeline, select “Share Now.” Option 2: If you want to add your own comment to a post before sharing it, select “Write Post.”