UNprotect a file or folder. Open your Google Drive account and check for the files in My Drive and Shared Drive. If the files are located in Shared Drive then they cannot be deleted. Else if the file is in My Drive then try using some other browse or clear cache and try again.
Remove files or folders that people have shared with you
Go to drive.google.com. On the left, click Shared with me. Right click the file you want to remove. Click Remove.
Also, if you want to delete multiple files at once, then you have to long-press on all the files and folders to select them, and then tap on the delete icon, and you are all done.
Organizing Your Drive/Directory
- Create a folder structure.
- Use a consistent file name.
- Document your decisions.
- Review the existing records on your drive.
- Transfer historical records to the Archives.
- Purge unnecessary non-records and eligible temporary records.
ANSWER: Yes. If you delete a folder that you shared with others& you and others will lose access to it. This is because you own it and deleted it as the owner. … ANSWER: Nothing will happen if someone deletes a folder you shared with them.
Select the file or files by clicking on a single file or holding the Shift key while clicking all of the files you want to move. Right-click, or Ctrl-click on the selected file(s). In the drop down list, you will see a list of folders on your My Drive. Click the left arrow icon to the left of My Drive.
How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?
- Open Start.
- Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
- Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
- Click the Shares item.
- Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
How do you remove files from Google Drive?
How to delete files from Google Drive on Android
- Launch the Google Drive app on your device. …
- Tap the three-dot menu at the right of the file you want to remove.
- Scroll down the menu that appears to locate the Remove option and tap Remove.
How do I delete multiple files from Google Drive on Android?
Hold the “Shift” key and then select the first file you want to remove, then click the last file you want to remove. With the “Shift” key it will select all the files in between, so be sure that you want all selected to be removed.
How do you quickly delete Google Docs?
Step #1 Open the Google Docs app on your Android. Search for the file where you want to delete the extra page. Step #2 Highlight the text and image that you want to delete. Step #3 Tap on the Backspace or Delete key on your phone keyboard.
How do you delete videos from Google Drive?
Deleting Videos from Google Drive on Android
- Step 1: Locate and launch Google Drive on Android.
- Step 2: Tap the right-most icon at the bottom that looks like a file folder. …
- Step 3: Now& tap the dots and select Remove and your video file or folder will be removed from Google Drive and placed in the Bin or Trash.