- Make sure your device is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to share and go to Settings, Network and Internet (it might be called Connections depending on your device), then Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the cog next to your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Share icon on the right and you should see a QR code on the screen.
How to find and share your Wi-Fi password on Android
- Open the settings on your device, then head to Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
- Scroll past the current networks to Saved networks, then tap the network you’d like to share.
- Tap the Share button and you’ll see a QR code, which you can use to share the password.
Share WiFi network
- Go to WiFi in the Settings of the device you want to connect to the WiFi network. Unlock your own device as well.
- Select the WiFi network you want to share.
- Your own device will now display a notification. Tap Share password. The other device is now connected to your WiFi network.
4 Ways to Share WiFi Without Giving Away Your Password
- Connect Automatically with WPS. …
- Scan a QR or NFC tags to Connect to WiFi. …
- Use router guest mode. …
- Create WiFi hotspot form your Device.
Connect another device to your phone’s hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
First, connect the device that’s sharing the WiFi password. Then, open WiFi settings on the device that’s receiving the password. A window will pop up on the device that’s sharing the password asking if you want to share the password with the other device. Tap Share Password, and voila!
Sharing a Wi-Fi password with Android
Android devices generate a unique QR code. Android devices use a QR code to make sharing Wi-Fi passwords easy. The good news is that this makes it possible to share Wi-Fi passwords from Android to Apple devices.
Where do I find my password for my Wi-Fi?
In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name. In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties. In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box. Your Wi-Fi network password is displayed in the Network security key box.
To start with, get an NFC sticker, install & open the WiFiKeyShare app, and head to the NFC section. Now, bring the tag close to your phone and click on Write to Tag. You’ll then see the list of WiFi networks you’re connected to. Select the one you want to share, and wait for it to write information to the tag.
If you’re having trouble sharing WiFi password between the devices, here are a few ways to make it work: Restart the iPhone and another device. Make sure that both devices have the most recent software updates. To update your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
Can you get Wi-Fi password from iPhone?
To find your WiFi password on an iPhone, go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud and turn Keychain on. … Finally, open Keychain Access, search for your WiFi network’sname, and check the box next to Show Password.
Can I use my phone as a hotspot while on Wi-Fi?
You cannot use your Wi-Fi connection for Internet connectivity while other devices are using Wi-Fi for Personal Hotspot. You can share only a cellular data connection; you cannot share a Wi-Fi connection. Yes it does use your data.