Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
Get someone’s location
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap your profile picture or initial. Location sharing.
- Tap the profile of the person you want to find. To update the person’s location: Tap on a friend’s icon More. Refresh.
How to Find the Path of Shared Folders Windows 10?
- Open Command Prompt.
- Then type the command net share and hit Enter to continue.
- Then the shared folder will be listed.
- From the command line, you can also find the path of the shared folders.
You can put the shortcut inside your “My Drive” or any Drive that’s shared with you.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- On the left, click Shared with me.
- Select the files or folders to which you want to add a shortcut.
- Right click the files or folders you selected. Add shortcut to Drive.
- Choose a folder.
- Click Add shortcut.
Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing, and turn off password protected sharing.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet , and on the right side, select Sharing options.
- Under Private, select Turn on Network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing.
How can I see my friends location on iPhone?
See the location of a friend
Tap People at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of the person you want to locate. If your friend can be located: They appear on a map so you can see where they are. If your friend can’t be located: You see “No location found” under their name.
Open the Find My app and select the People tab. Select the person you shared your location with. Scroll down and choose Ask To Follow Location, then select OK.
In Finder, either hit Command+K to bring up “Connect to Server” or click Go > Connect to Server. Enter the path of the network drive you’re trying to map (e.g. smb://192.168.1.300/shared/Files) and click Connect. Enter your login details and password then click OK to mount the network drive.
Set up file sharing on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing . …
- Select the File Sharing checkbox.
- To select a specific folder to share, click the Add button at the bottom of the Shared Folders list, locate the folder, select it, then click Add.
You should use VPN to access the network your server is placed, then you would be able to access the shared folder. Other ways to do this is with WebDAV, FTP etc.
See files others have shared with you
- Open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. If you already have a document or workbook open, select File.
- Scroll down and select the Shared with Me tab, or select Open > Shared with Me.
Click Start, Run, type cmd, and press Enter . At the MS-DOS prompt, type net share and press Enter . Each of the shares, the location of the resource, and any remarks for that share are displayed.
How can I access other computers on my network?
Open the Windows network window and browse shared folders on each computer or device on the network to make sure sharing is set up correctly.
- In the Windows search box, search for and open View network computers and devices. …
- Double-click the name of the computer or device you want to access.
How do I use network sharing center?
To display the Network and Sharing Center window from the Control Panel Home, select View Network Status and Tasks from beneath the Network and Internet heading. From the Control Panel Classic View, open the Network and Sharing Center icon. This window is shown in the following figure.