To be able to share a workbook, some privacy settings need to be disabled. Go to File > Excel Options > Trust Center, click the Trust Center Settings… button, and under the Privacy Options category, uncheck the Remove personal information from file properties on save box.
Set up a shared workbook
- Click the Review tab.
- Click Share Workbook in the Changes group.
- On the Editing tab, click to select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. …
- In the Save As dialog box, save the shared workbook on a network location where other users can gain access to it.
Can multiple users edit an Excel spreadsheet at the same time in Office 365?
You and your colleagues can open and work on the same Excel workbook. This is called co-authoring. When you co-author, you can see each other’s changes quickly—in a matter of seconds.
Share your Excel workbook with others
- Select Share.
- Select permissions and then Apply.
- Add people.
- Type a message if you like.
- Select Send.
Right-click “My Computer,” select “Manage,” and navigate the “Shared Folders” tab to find and disconnect the open file. Keep in mind that only a network administrator with administrative privileges to the server can unlock the Excel file in this manner.
Click Review > Share Workbook. On the Editing tab, select the Allow changes by more than one user … check box. On the Advanced tab, select the options that you want to use for tracking and updating changes, and then click OK.
How do I unlock Excel workbook?
Unprotect an Excel worksheet
- Go to the worksheet you want to unprotect.
- Go to File > Info > Protect > Unprotect Sheet, or from the Review tab > Changes > Unprotect Sheet.
- If the sheet is protected with a password, then enter the password in the Unprotect Sheet dialog box, and click OK.
How to: Unlocking a shared file on a Windows Share
- Step 1: Open MMC. Open MMC by running the command mmc.exe, then go to File, Add/Remove Snap-in….
- Step 2: Select “Shared Folders” snap-in. After clicking on Shared Folders and then Add >, a properties box will open. …
- Step 3: Find the Open File.
How do I unlock an Excel spreadsheet for editing online?
Step 1: Open the worksheet you want to unprotect. Step 2: Click on File > Info > Unprotect Sheet. Step 3: Or go to Review Tab > Changes > Unprotect Sheet.