Send a file
- Touch and hold the file, then tap Share. Tip: To send a smaller version of the file, tap Compress before you tap Share. Then touch and hold the compressed version of the file (identified as a zip file), and tap Share.
- Choose an option for sending (for example, AirDrop, Messages, or Mail), then tap Send.
To share a folder or document, do one of the following on your Mac:
- In the Finder , select iCloud Drive, select a folder or document, click the Share button , then choose Share Folder or Share File. …
- In an app that supports iCloud File Sharing, open a document, click the Share button , then choose Share File.
How do I email a document from my iPhone?
You can attach a saved document to an email.
- Tap in the email where you want to insert the document, then tap. in the format bar above the keyboard.
- Tap. above the keyboard, then locate the document in Files. …
- Tap the document to insert it into your email.
Share with specific people
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow. …
- Choose to notify people. …
- Click Share or Send.
Step 1: Find the file you want to share
- On your Android device, open the app for Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- Next to the file’s name, tap More .
- Tap Share.
Sync a Pages document across devices
- For an already-saved document: Choose File > Move To, then click the Where pop-up menu and choose iCloud.
- For an unsaved document: Choose File > Save, then click the Where pop-up menu and choose iCloud.
To transfer files between iPhone and Mac via AirDrop:
- Turn on AirDrop on iPhone/iPad. Open “Control Center” on your iOS device. …
- Turn on AirDrop on Mac. Go to “Finder” > “Go” > “AirDrop” and switch on “Bluetooth” and “WiFi” to turn on AirDrop on your Mac. …
- Use AirDrop to share files between Mac and iPhone/iPad.
How do you send files through Imessage on iPhone?
Use the tap-and-hold feature in iOS to access “Copy” Open Messages app and in a message to the user who you wish to send the file to, tap and hold and choose “Paste” Send the message as usual to transfer the file.
How do I send a PDF file from my iPhone?
Send a PDF directly from your iPhone.
- Navigate to the Files app.
- Open your desired document.
- In the bottom left hand corner of the screen, tap the share icon.
- Select how you want to share your PDF.
How do I attach a document to an email?
Attach a file
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- Tap Compose .
- Tap Attach .
- Tap Attach file or Insert from Drive.
- Choose the file you want to attach.
There are simpler ways to share files than Dropbox. Here are the best free file sharing tools for fast file transfers.
That’s as easy as it gets!
- WeTransfer. WeTransfer lets you send files of up to 2GB at a time. …
- SendTransfer. …
- Snaggy. …
- Droplr. …
- Ge.tt. …
15 Of The Best Ways To Share Large Files
- Microsoft OneDrive. Full-featured cloud and sharing platform with deep integration with the entire Microsoft suite, from Office and PowerPoint to Outlook and more. …
- Google Drive. …
- Dropbox. …
- SugarSync. …
- 5. Box. …
- Dropsend. …
- Apple iCloud. …
Best Ways to Share Big Files
- Upload your files to a cloud storage service, and share them or email them to others.
- Use file compression software, like 7-Zip.
- Purchase a USB flash drive.
- Use Jumpshare, a free online service.
- Try Sendy PRO.
- Use a VPN.
- Transfer files using SFTP.