To share a document out to the public, open Google Drive and navigate to the folder containing that document. Select the document to be shared, and then click the share button in the upper right corner of the window (Figure A).
To share a file with a group, create a document in Google Drive or open an existing one, then click “share.” Click “advanced,” then enter the group’s email address under “invite people” and select the access permission levels: “can edit,” “can comment” or “can view.” Then click “done.”
Another reason is likely to cause Google Drive unable to change sharing settings. Your account may no longer have the permissions of the folder, so you can try to share it again. Step 1. Log in to the Google Drive account A that shares the folder/file, right-click the file to be shared, and click the Share option.
If your document works in incognito mode, it means you likely have an interfering extension. Usually I would advise disabling all extensions, clearing the cache, and refreshing a page or rebooting your device. Then you can re-enable your extensions one at a time to locate the one causing the problem.
Add a link
- Open a file in the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides app.
- Docs: Tap Edit .
- Highlight text or tap the area in the file where you want the link to appear.
- In the top right, tap Create .
- Tap Link.
- In the “Text” field, type the text you want to be linked.
How to share a Google Doc
- Click “New” to create a new document or “My Drive” to select a document from your Drive. …
- Click the “Share” button. …
- Type in the email addresses of your recipients. …
- Choose an editing permission in the drop-down, click “Notify people,” type a message, and hit “Send.”
Also, you can choose the format of the document from this window. Once you’re done, click “Send” and Google Docs will automatically send your document as an attachment to the emails you listed.
To change the settings, open your document and click Share on the top right. Under the section titled “Specific people can access,” click Change. In the Sharing Settings dialog, choose ‘Anyone’ with the link. Then at the bottom of the dialog, under access, click ‘Can view’ and, if necessary, change it to ‘Can edit’.
Open the document you want to share. Click File > Share > Share with People (or, in Word 2013, Invite People). Enter the names or email addresses of the people you’re sharing with. If you want to, click Can Edit or Can View.
Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.