The good news is you can easily see how many times a page has been shared on social media platforms by using Shared Count. You can paste any url into Shared Count and it will show you how the article has been shared across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Delicious, StumbleUpon and Pinterest.
Tracking link clicks on websites
For websites, you can use Google Analytics. To do this, enable the analytics tools provided by Google and use their measurements to check all your clicked links arriving at the website. If you use marketing channels to mostly drive traffic to your website, this is a good place to start.
To find out what stuff from your blog has been shared on Pinterest, put http://www.pinterest.com/source/ in your address bar, followed by your blog’s URL (without the HTTP and WWW stuff.) For example, my URL is melbel.hubpages.com.
Creating URL Tracking Rules
- Navigate to Settings > Publishing Settings.
- Click Add URL under URL Tracking. …
- Enter the URL you want to track. …
- Define your default parameters. …
- (Optional) To define any custom parameters: …
- Select if you want to Apply the tracking parameters to all links for the post.
- Click Save.
Use the GET search/tweets call. This is limited to the past 6-7 days in their index. You can also write an app to watch the Twitter stream for the URL over a period of time, then count the occurrences. This can be done using the Twitter Streaming API using the POST statuses/filter call.
Almost everything can be tracked: website pages, blog posts, links on social media, links on ads, emails, and telephone numbers. All of these things are be tracked to provide data.
To check if a link is safe, plug it into a link checker. Link checkers are free online tools that can analyze any link’s security issues (or lack thereof) and alert you if the link will direct you to a compromised website, malware, ransomware, or other safety risks.
But measuring your success on Instagram is much more than tracking likes and comments. … So while you may know how many people have viewed and engaged with your Instagram posts and stories, you can’t track or measure how many of these followers went on to click the link in your bio and visit your website.
How do I find out which visitors are clicking the most?
A click map (also spelled as one word, i.e. clickmap) is a type of website heat map that shows where users click their mouse on a desktop device or tap the screen on a mobile or tablet. Click maps are useful when investigating on-page user engagement, as they track and visualize clicks on buttons, links, images, etc.
How can you tell how many times an article has been tweeted?
To access your Tweet activity:
- On a desktop or laptop computer, visit analytics.twitter.com and click on Tweets.
- In the Twitter app for iOS or Android, tap the analytics icon visible in your Tweets. Make sure you have installed the latest version of Twitter for iPhone, iPad, or Twitter for Android.
3 Ways of Getting Shares for URL using Facebook 3.0 API
- Creating Facebook App # Go to Facebook Developers page and click Add a New App link. After clicking that link a popup will appear. Input any App Name, your Contact Email and select Category. …
- Get Shares Count. Ready-to-use Examples. #
The share count is the measure by which investors can track ownership of a company. … For example, if Investor A owns 100 shares of John’s Pizzeria, then, this means Investor A owns 10% of the overall equity of the company.
Link tracking is when you track the number of clicks obtained by specific links on your website, in your emails, or even your social media posts. Link tracking can also be used to track if people are clicking on links associated with your banner advertisements.