To temporarily view messages older than 12 months you can scroll to the end of an email list in a folder and click ‘Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange’ or ‘More’. To change your view permanently you can change the setting in account settings.
Find Old Emails/Messages in Outlook App
- Open Outlook 2016/2013/2010 and click Folder tab, and then select New Search Folder.
- Now, scroll to Organizing Mail in the opened tab and select Old Mail. …
- On clicking Ok, you’ll see that a new folder has been created and added to the Navigation Pane.
- Open Outlook.
- Go to the shared mailbox account.
- Select the Deleted Items folder.
- Click the Recover items recently removed from this folder link at the top of the Deleted Items list.
- The messages that have been deleted by other people, but exist in their personal Deleted Items folder will be listed here.
Why is Outlook only displaying messages newer than 12 months?
When Outlook only displays emails newer than 12 months, this behavior usually means that the ‘Cached Exchange’ mode, ‘Mail to keep offline’ setting is configured to a value other than ‘All’.
How do I search for emails older than 2 years in Outlook?
In Outlook 2010/2013/2016, please click the Folder > New Search Folder. 2. In the New Search Folder dialog box, select and highlight the Old mail in the Select a search Folder: box. And then select an email account in the Search mail in drop-down box.
How do I view messages in Outlook older than 12 months?
Start Outlook. On the File tab, click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings. On the E-mail tab, double-click your Microsoft Exchange account. In the Change Account dialog box, drag the Mail to keep offline slider to the desired number of months or to All to synchronize all email messages.
How do I search for emails older than 12 months in Outlook?
Old Emails in the Outlook Email Client
Open the Folder menu tab, and click New Search Folder. In the New Search Folder window, hit Old email in the Organizing Mail section. Click Choose and select the needed time period, for example, Older than 3 months. You can select days, weeks, and months.
By default, if a Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later versions profile is configured in Cached mode and you add another user’s mailbox or shared folder to your profile, all items in all the folders to which you have access in the shared mailbox are downloaded to your local cache.
How do I find old emails in Windows 10 Outlook?
Email has gone missing
- Go to Start. and open Mail.
- At the bottom of the left navigation pane, select .
- Select Manage Accounts and select your email account.
- Select Change mailbox sync settings.
- To see older messages, under Download email from, choose any time.
What is cached Exchange mode in Outlook?
About Cached Exchange Mode
Cached Exchange Mode enables a better experience when you use an Exchange account. In this mode, a copy of your mailbox is saved on your computer. This copy provides quick access to your data, and it is frequently updated with the server that runs Microsoft Exchange.
Why is my Outlook not showing old emails?
It’s not uncommon for Outlook users to encounter Outlook not showing old emails or all emails issue. This problem arises when the mailbox becomes oversized/corrupted, or the settings are misconfigured. In such situations, you can simply change the settings or clean the mailbox to reduce the file size.
How do I retrieve old emails from Outlook?
In Outlook, go to your email folder list, and then click Deleted Items. Make sure Homeis selected in the menu bar then click Recover Deleted Items From Server. Select the item you want to recover, click Restore Selected Items > click OK.
Why can I only see 3 months of emails in Outlook?
This behavior occurs because the Cached Exchange mode Mail to keep offline setting is configured to a value other than All. … In the default configuration, depending on the size of your hard disk, Outlook synchronizes only 1, 3, or 12 months of email to your Offline Outlook Data (. ost) file from the Exchange server.
How long are emails kept in Outlook?
Some Outlook users may notice that emails are automatically deleted after received 30 days later in Outlook. That’s because the AutoArchive is enabled and emails are archived automatically.
Can you recover emails from years ago?
It’s extremely unlikely you can recover something deleted over 30 days ago; Gmail provides no mechanism for it. If it’s an email you sent to someone, you can reach out to see if they still have it. If it’s an email you received from someone, you can reach out to see if they kept a copy.
How do you access old emails?
Follow these steps to search all your emails, including those that aren’t in your inbox:
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the search box, click the Down arrow .
- Click the All Mail drop down, then select Mail & Spam & Trash.
- Enter some information that’s in the missing email. …
- At the bottom of the box, click Search .