You can specify it through the command line using the net command. You can also specify different credentials using the Windows Explorer GUI. From the Tools menu select Map network drive…. On the Map Network Drive dialog window there is a checkbox for “Connect using different credentials”.
In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer, or select Browse to find the folder or computer. To connect every time you log on to your PC, select the Reconnect at sign-in check box. ** This is the point where you should also choose “Connect using different credentials”.
How do I access a folder in another user?
Run Windows Explorer as Another User
- When logged in as a normal, non-privileged user, navigate to your system folder, usually C:WINNT.
- Shift-right-click on explorer.exe.
- Select “Run As” and provide the credentials for the local admin account.
How do I log into different credentials?
Option 1 – Open the browser as a different user:
- Hold ‘Shift’ and right-click on your browser icon on the Desktop/Windows Start Menu.
- Select ‘Run as different user’.
- Enter the login credentials of the user you wish to use.
- Access Cognos with that browser window and you will be logged in as that user.
How do I change my network sharing credentials?
Open your account page in User Accounts and Family Safety. (Click your image in the start menu, or navigate through control panel). In the left hand side panel, select Manage your credentials.
How do I open a folder as administrator?
To open an administrative Command Prompt window in the current folder, use this hidden Windows 10 feature: Navigate to the folder you want to use, then tap Alt, F, M, A (that keyboard shortcut is the same as switching to the File tab on the ribbon, then choosing Open command prompt as administrator).
You should be able to access and then delete cached credentials when you’re done.
- Navigate to the share (\serversharename)
- At the command prompt, type: “net use \serveradmin$” which will prompt for credentials.
- Type the UNC to get to your share.
- Once you’re done, type: “net use \serveradmin$ /delete”
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
What is connect using different credentials?
The next important setting says “Connect using different credentials”. This setting is disabled by default and it means that Windows will try to connect to the mapped drive using the user account and password from your computer.
How do I login as a different user in Windows 10?
First, simultaneously press the CTRL + ALT + Delete keys on your keyboard. A new screen is shown, with a few options right in the center. Click or tap “Switch user,” and you are taken to the login screen. Choose the user account that you want to use and enter the appropriate login information.
How do you Switch user on a laptop?
How to Switch between User Accounts on Your Computer
- Click Start and then click the arrow on the side of the Shut Down button. You see several menu commands.
- Choose Switch User. A dialog box appears.
- Click the user you want to log in as. …
- Type the password and then click the arrow button to log in.
How do I run a program as another user?
The easiest way to run an application on behalf of another user is to use the Windows File Explorer GUI. Just find an application (or a shortcut) you want to start, press the Shift key and right-click on it. Select Run as different user in the context menu. [alert]Note.
How do I remove network sharing credentials?
Click the “Manage your credentials” option at the top left. Select the Windows Credentials type and you’ll see the list of credentials you have saved for network share, remote desktop connection or mapped drive. Click one of the entries in the list and expand it, you can then click the Remove option to clear it.
How do I update my credentials?
If that is the case go to File > Account Settings > Manage Profiles, Select Emails Accounts, then select the email account you want to change, and then choose Change. In the Change Account window, update your password.
How do I reset Windows security network credentials?
Windows 10 – Right click on Startup button (the windows logo button on below left) – select Control Panel – Open ‘Credential Manager’ – Go to ‘Windows Credentials’ – and from the list, you can delete the one for computer1. Now, try again, and give the new credential, and it will work.